SustainSME - Extended skills management for ensuring and managing the design of preventive working practices in small and medium-sized enterprises
Extended skills management for ensuring and managing the design of preventive working practices in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Construction industry: prevention undergoing change
Demographic change harbors major challenges for construction companies: it is becoming increasingly difficult to find suitably qualified employees; vacancies can often no longer be filled. At the same time, new market segments are emerging in the construction industry, for example with senior-friendly or barrier-free building or the installation of assistance technology. Maintaining and promoting the ability to work and to find employment is therefore becoming more important. The long-term motivation, creativity and performance capability of employees must be heightened. This calls for skills management and new preventive occupational health and safety concepts that are also accessible to SMEs.
SustainSME project objectives
- The SustainSME project combines an awareness of healthy working practices with prevention in order to develop new digital tools.
- On the basis of an analysis of specific requirements in the building industry, a process is being developed that will allow small companies to implement health prevention measures.
- To increase their awareness of healthy working practices. In the pilot phase, the tools are evaluated and assessed with regard to their transferability.
From individual cases to the benchmark: the concept developed will be designed in such a way as to make it transferable. The first scheduled step is its transfer to other construction industry companies. After that, the collaborative project partners will transfer the process to other industries with the aid of a training module, a guideline and an implementation concept. The SMEs involved in the project will use the tools prototypically, thereby assisting with the scientific evaluation of the overall concept.
- Fraunhofer Center for International Management and Knowledge Economy IMW
- Zentralstelle für die Weiterbildung im Handwerk e.V.
- Bildungszentren des Baugewerbes e.V.
- Gebr. Hölscher Bauunternehmung GmbH
- Gebr. Kickartz GmbH
Project Duration: August 1, 2016 to July 31, 2019