We design and evaluate socio-economic knowledge management and cooperation processes in complex research and innovation projects for our clients and partners from the research, science and business communities.
We investigate the non-technical barriers and levers (the social, political and economic factors with a respective impact) that influence the future use of new technologies and the dissemination of new social practices.
Our services further include the analysis of and advice on research and innovation policy relevant areas that need addressing and on the design and evaluation of policy measures.
We analyze transfer systems and their organizational structures under consideration of the stakeholders involved, the context factors and the incentive structures.
Fields of work
Since 2008, the "Professionalizing Transfer Processes" Unit has been successfully involved in European (7th European Framework Programme for Research FP7, HORIZON 2020, INTERREG: CENTRAL EUROPE Programme) and national Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) projects in the following areas:
- Analyzing the areas where socio-economic aspects impact on the use of new technologies or social innovations within the scope of foresight processes
- Developing future scenarios in support of strategic decision making (e. g. AGENT-3D)
- Measuring and evaluating the impact of research and innovation policy measures (e. g. IntTransNet)
- Knowledge and cooperation management (e. g. ALTERFOR)
- Project communication (public relations) (e. g. ALTERFOR)