The Fraunhofer Center for International Management and Knowledge Economy IMW specializes in internationalization processes, particularly in the fields of the knowledge economy, value creation, and sustainable development. We analyze the basic conditions for research, development, and innovation in an international context in order to improve, and thereby promote, the transfer of knowledge and technologies as well as the development of globalized value creation.
We also investigate national and cross-border transfer strategies in terms of their efficiency. On the basis of the latest findings, we seek to develop innovative transfer systems, with the goal of enhancing international access to knowledge. The Fraunhofer Center for International Management and Knowledge Economy assists with the transfer of knowledge from science to the economy.
Fraunhofer IMW supports small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in their innovation management and internationalization efforts, with a specific focus on innovative production and service industries. Among other things, this is intended to put companies in a position to expand their value chains globally and market their products internationally.
In addition, we assist SMEs as well as entire sectors in developing and implementing scientifically-substantiated sustainability strategies.
Examples of our activities include:
- International country, industry, and technology comparisons
- Country- and region-specific status analyses
- Analyses of specific market developments
- Location and impact analyses
- Market research and benchmarking
- Projects, studies, and strategies on innovation transfer and management; clusters, networks, company development, and internationalization
- Project management
- Feasibility and foresight studies
- Developing and implementing strategies in the field of research and development (R&D)
- Monitoring research institutions, both nationally and internationally