- Analysis and optimization of existing business models
- Supporting companies in developing innovative business models
- Assisting with the implementation of new business models
- Indexes for business models
- Business models in the service sector
- Shaping and managing the transformation process from a product-based to a service-based business model
Nizar Abdelkafi is head of the Business Models and Services sector at the Fraunhofer IMW. In 2008 Nizar Abdelkafi gained a doctorate on the subject of “Variety-Induced Complexity in Mass Customization: Concepts and Management” at Hamburg University of Technology. Prior to that, he worked as a project assistant at the University of Klagenfurt. In addition, Nizar Abdelkafi has an engineering degree from the University of Tunis El Manar and a management-oriented business degree from the Technische Universität München. Nizar Abdelkafi has published his research work in two monographs and more than 35 scientific journals and collected works.