In the face of increasing complexity and uncertainty in societal and environmental conditions, foresighted orientation knowledge is becoming increasingly important for strategic decision-making. Working with futurology methods is one way of producing and applying this knowledge.
The core competency of the Professionalizing Knowledge Transfer Processes unit is to develop future knowledge for the use of new technologies and services with the help of our interdisciplinary team. To this end, we examine the market development potential and relevant advances in technology and services in their broader context (e.g. social, economic, or political aspects). In addition, we test new collaborative formats of knowledge transfer and organize cooperation initiatives between researchers and experts with different professional backgrounds. Our unit has been working successfully for several years in both European initiatives (7th Framework Programme (FP7), HORIZON 2020, Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE Programme) and German projects from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
Range of services
- Investigating socioeconomic spheres of influence in the use of new technologies or social innovations
- Developing future scenarios to support strategic decision-making (e.g. AGENT-3D)
- Designing and evaluating knowledge transfer processes in interdisciplinary collaborative projects (e.g. IntTransNet)
- Designing knowledge and cooperation management in joint projects (e.g. ALTERFOR)
- Planning and implementing project communication (e.g. ALTERFOR)