Areas of Expertise
- Applied research and project management in the field of crowdfunding and crowdsourcing
- Designing, accompanying and evaluating crowdfunding campaigns
- Supporting crowdsourcing challenges via our Open Innovation Platform
Dr. Robin Bürger joined Fraunhofer IMW in Leipzig in 2010 as a research associate and has headed the Innovation Financing Unit since 2015. He studied business management with a focus on finance and international marketing at Friedrich Schiller University in Jena, graduating with a degree in business management in 2007. In 2010, he completed his PhD at the Max Planck Institute of Economics in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation financing. Besides scientific publications, conference presentations and applied-oriented work in this field, he has managed international innovation projects such as ACTCLEAN and PRESOURCE for the Fraunhofer IMW. Currently he together with his team is, for instance, developing an Open Innovation Platform for an early-stage market proof of promising innovation projects. A further applied-oriented project “crowdFANding” was awarded the Thuringian Innovation Prize in the audience category in 2016, and after three successful project runs it won second place in the 2019 Central German Fundraising Award. As a banking professional, Robin Bürger has many years of experience in entrepreneurial finance, startup finance and crowdfunding and is an active member of the European Crowdfunding Network, FGF-Arbeitskreises Gründungs- und Mittelstandsfinanzierung, Förderkreises Gründungs-Forschung e.V. He also co-founded the Fraunhofer multiplier network “Crowdfunding4Fraunhofer“ in 2019.
- Cluster Feedback - Transfer Instruments for the Timely Validation of Innovation Projects through Market Feedback
- TransferFinanz – Financing the Transfer of Research Findings into Applications with a Social Impact
- Crowdfunding for municipal projects