On 22 and 23 May 2018, external auditors Otmar and Ingo Henn from the certification society DNV-GL examined the quality management system of Fraunhofer IMW and subsequently upgraded the institute's certification to DIN-Norm 9001 :2015. This certification to the new standard was preceded by a comprehensive revision of the entire Fraunhofer IMW quality management system, undertaken as a cooperation between the quality management team and the relevant process managers. The auditors focused on the processes of institute management, project planning and execution, procurement and quality management. In the concluding discussion, Otmar Henn praised the fact that process structures at Fraunhofer IMW were "built from scratch".
Institute Director Professor Posselt emphasized: "Quality management has the highest priority, because it helps us to further develop the organization." Certification according to DIN-Norm 9001 :2015 proves that the work processes of an organization are structured processes according to a quality management system in order to continuously improve customer satisfaction. The Fraunhofer IMW has been certified since 2013. .
The Fraunhofer Center for International Management and Knowledge Economy IMW ISO certificate applies to the following areas:
- Research in the fields of Knowledge and Technology Transfer
- Professionalizing Knowledge Transfer Processes
- Innovation Financing, Competitive Intelligence
- Innovation Policy and Transfer Design
- Stakeholder Dialogue and Social Acceptance
- Regional Positioning and Location Development
- Business Models: Engineering and Innovation
- Price and Service Management
- Professional Development and Competence Management
- Data Mining and Value Creation
- Accelerator program accelerapp and Organizational Development