On April 2 and 3, 2019, external auditors Otmar and Ingo Henn from the certification company DNV-GL examined the quality management system at Fraunhofer IMW and subsequently upgraded the institute's certification to DIN-Norm 9001:2015. This certification to the new standard was preceded by a comprehensive revision of the entire Fraunhofer IMW quality management system, undertaken in cooperation with the quality management team and relevant process managers. The auditors focused on institute management processes, project planning and execution, procurement, and quality management. In the concluding discussion, Otmar Henn praised the fact that process structures at Fraunhofer IMW were "built from the ground up."
Institute Director Professor Posselt emphasized, "Quality management is our highest priority because it helps us to further develop our organization." Certification according to DIN-Norm 9001:2015 proves that the work processes of an organization are structured according to a quality management system, with an aim to continuously improve customer satisfaction. Fraunhofer IMW has been certified since 2013. .
The Fraunhofer Center for International Management and Knowledge Economy IMW ISO certificate applies to the following areas:
- Research in the fields of Knowledge and Technology Transfer
- Professionalizing Knowledge Transfer Processes
- Innovation Financing, Competitive Intelligence
- Innovation Policy and Transfer Design
- Stakeholder Dialogue and Social Acceptance
- Regional Positioning and Location Development
- Business Models: Engineering and Innovation
- Price and Service Management
- Professional Development and Competence Management
- Data Mining and Value Creation
- Accelerator program accelerapp and Organizational Development