For customers and partners, the DIN EN ISO 9001 quality standard specifications are a guarantee for excellent results. The Fraunhofer Center for International Management and Knowledge Economy IMW gained its certification to the DIN specification DIN EN ISO 9001:2008 standard in the spring of 2013; this year, the institute has been successfully recertified.
The head of the Leipzig Fraunhofer Center, Prof. Dr. Thorsten Posselt, emphasized the outstanding benefits of the certification: “The certification helps us to strictly and carefully monitor the quality management in our organization and our research activities.” The certificate proves that the results of the daily activities follow regulated procedures, which makes it possible to maintain a consistently high quality standard. All of the institute's internal procedures are illustrated by processes in a quality management system (QMS) in an orderly manner, and are regularly evaluated and developed further. Applying these in a structured way leads to lasting financial resource and time input savings.
The Fraunhofer Center for International Management and Knowledge Economy IMW ISO certificate applies to the following areas:
- Research in the fields of Knowledge and Technology Transfer
- Professionalization of Transfer Processes
- Innovation Financing
- Competitive Intelligence
- Research and Business Acceleration
- International Innovation Politics
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation for Development Cooperation
- Entering New Markets
- Regional Positioning and Location Development
- Business Models: Engineering and Innovation
- Price and Service Management
- Professional Development and Competence Management
- Sustainability Management and Infrastructure Economics
- Energy Management and Energy Economics
- Stakeholder Dialogue and Social Acceptance
- Organizational Development
The next certification audit to the new DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 quality standard is scheduled for the spring of 2018. This will be preceded by internal audits.
Nastja Glöckner, who joined the recently established Organizational Development Unit as a research fellow in April 2016, can be contacted regarding all quality management related issues.